Elaine Ann, founder and director of Kaisor Innovation shared inspiring insights on customer-centric innovation/design thinking.
In the video below, Elaine helps to uncover how companies use Design Thinking to transform their businesses and more importantly how it can work for the Hong Kong/China market. With over 17 years of experience implementing Design Thinking in Asia, Elaine emphasizes the importance of organizational culture in transforming and adapting to market changes.
Watch the video below to learn more:
Elaine Ann is the Founder and Director of Kaizor Innovation, a strategic innovation consultancy that helps companies strategize, research, and define innovative products and services for the China market. Born and raised in Hong Kong and having lived in the U.S for 12 years, Elaine’s bilingual, bi-cultural and international background helps companies understand and strategize new product and services for the China market.
She is a veteran of the early dot-com era in the mid 90’s having lived and worked in the U.S. for 12 years. She has worked for companies such as Razorfish, Philips Design, Henry Dreyfuss in New York, Silicon Valley and San Francisco and have designed the User Experiences of some of the very early Internet/technology businesses such as Schwab.com, Intuit’s Quicken, the first Philips MP3 player and Philips Networked Home etc. in the 90’s.
Elaine also trains executives and students alike on New Product/Services Innovation and User Experience. Elaine is the User Experience Instructor of the Google EYE (Empowering Young Entrepreneurs) Program of Chinese University in Hong Kong in 2014 training up 400 Entrepreneurs on User Experience and Design Innovation. She currently holds the following positions:
- Honorary Project Director for the Centre of Entrepreneurship of the Chinese University
- mentor at Cyberport Expert Network (mentoring Tech Startups on User/Customer-Centric Innovation and User Experience)
- mentor at The Cage of Lane Crawford Joyce Group, Blueprint and Cocoon
- Advisory Committee at two of the major design schools in Hong Kong: the Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Design and the Hong Kong Design Institute
- teaches the Executive Masters in Innovation Leadership at PolyU School of Design and MBAs at HKUST on Lifestyle Innovation
In 2014, she setup the WOW-X User Experience Bootcamp to train up both Startups and Designers bridging to Angel Investors. And in 2015, organised the UX China Tour visiting 18 Chinese companies in 5 China cities including Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, WeChat etc. Recently, also organised the Experience Digital China – 1 Day Shenzhen Live Class to introduce the latest mobile/digital lifestyle in China that impacts many business decisions.
She was also the Vice Chairman of the Hong Kong Designers Association in 2012-2014 and active member for the past 10 years. She is currently one of the core organisers of IxDAHK Interaction Designers Association of Hong Kong and the association has expanded since 2006 to currently 2000 followers on Facebook/Meetup Group.
Elaine graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with a BFA in Visual Communication Design and Masters in Interaction Design. She is also an EMBA alumni of the Cheung Kong Business School (Beijing) and Stanford Executive Education Design Thinking Bootcamp’s alumni.
Elaine’s keynotes are:
- How China and the West Tech Ecosystems Works Differently
- How to Innovate for the Next Trillion Dollar Market in China
- How can Customer-Centric Innovation/Design Thinking transform your business
- How to make User/Customer Experience work your company