Here are some of her insights:
“I learned about the resilience of the human spirit, the power of determination and the capacity we all have when we are inspired to achieve something,”
The second thing “is surrounding yourself with a tribe of people who will support you no matter what, who will lift you up when you need to be lifted and who will kick you in the backside when you need to have a kick in the backside,”
The founder and CEO of Thirst, Mina Guli is a global leader, an entrepreneur and adventurer passionate and committed to making a difference in the world. Following a 15-year successful career as a world leader in climate change, including co-founding Peony Capital – a company that provides capital and knowledge to Chinese companies to help them mitigate their impact on the environment – Mina established Thirst, an organizational initiative of the Young Global Leaders of the World Economic Forum.
Mina was appointed by the Chinese Government as an Advisor to their Education for Sustainable Development Program and runs with the support of the United Nations Development Program.
Mina is an acclaimed public speaker and frequent media commentator, featuring in over 400 local, national and global newspapers, magazines and television programs around the world including UN Radio, CNN, BBC, ITV, ABC, Forbes, Fortune, CCTV and Al Jazeera. She often speaks about topics like ultra running, achievement, environmental issues, leadership and motivation, peak performance, risk management, sustainability and teamwork.
Mina’s accolades include:
- Young Global Leader (World Economic Forum) 2010
- Future Leadership Award (Australia Davos Connection)
- one of Australia’s “50 for the Future”
- finalist for the Australian Female Alumni of the Year
- one of Australia’s 100 most influential women (twice awarded)
- one of the 50 greatest leaders in the world (Fortune Magazine)
- Global Visionary (UBS)
Mina’s presentations include:
- Running on Empty – A speech of getting into ultra-running and triathlons despite an injury projected to end her athletic career. This speech is focused on the theme of overcoming obstacles and perseverance.
- Thirst for Water –This is a speech often given to groups interested in her organization. She explains more about what Thirst does, what it has accomplished, and educates on the water scarcity crisis.