Speakers Connect proudly presents Mr Po Chung (Mr Chung Po-Yang), co-founder and chairman emeritus of DHL.
In 1972, Mr Po Chung co-founded Hong Kong based company DHL International Limited, which owns and operates the DHL Worldwide Network together with DHL Airways Inc. Mr Chung served on the Management Board of DHL International, and as Chairman of DHL International (HK) Ltd, between 1972 and 2001, when it was merged with the German Post Office.
Mr Chung is also the Chairman of The Hong Kong Institute of Service Leadership & Management, Service Leadership Education Limited and The Good Life Initiative Limited.
In January 2006, Mr Po Chung spearheaded the creation of the Centre for Asian Entrepreneurship & Business Values (CASEBV) at the University of Hong Kong, where he co-lectured a course in Entrepreneurship.
Mr Chung’s passion for entrepreneurship, the service sector and business in general can also be seen in the several publications that he has:
- The First 10 Yards – The 5 Dynamics of Entrepreneurship.
- <落力退休> (My Entrepreneurial Retirement Journey).
- Service Reborn: The Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes of Service Companies.
- 25 Principles of Service Leadership.
- The 12 Dimensions of a Service Leader (coming in September).
Mr Po Chung has also been recognized with the following honors for being a thought leader:
- The Education University of Hong Kong – Honorary Fellowship, April, 2016.
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology – Doctor of Fine Art honoris causa, May 2011.
- The University of Hong Kong – Honorary University Fellowship, 2008.
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honoree, 2008.
- Silver Bauhinia Star, 2002.
- Justice of Peace (JP), 1997.
- Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE), 1995.
- Outstanding Overseas Chinese Entrepreneur, Republic of China, 1990.
As a keynote speaker, Mr Po Chung has been invited to events organized by the Pacific Rim Forum, Business International, Business Week International, Young Presidents Organization, Hong Kong Management Association, China Management Association in Taiwan, Singapore National Productivity Board, Credit Suisse, The Hongkong and China Gas Co Ltd, Li & Fung, HKTDC, TEDxPearlRiver, Oxford, Harvard Asia Vision 21, and several graduate schools of business.
Apart from his business success, Mr Chung is also an established artist with his Chinese landscape paintings purchased by galleries and private collections. He received his Master of Fine Art from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University in 2004, and an Honorary doctor degree from RMIT in 2011.