We at Speakers Connect are proud to present US-China relations expert Peter G. de Krassel.
With over four decades of experience in business, Peter has an extensive background on American and Chinese corporate business interest. He has been n attorney, banker, political activist, consultant, entertainment industry executive, columnist, real estate broker, photographer, book author and service industry executive in the United States and Asia. An active lecturer, he travels extensively addressing corporate leaders and academics, trade associations and university students on the political sensitivities of doing business in China.
At present, Peter is a Hong Kong-based entrepreneur, author and contemporary analyst whose views are frequently read on SCMP and China Daily.
Watch the video below to learn more about Peter’s views on US-China trade war:
Peter G. de Krassel, noted author, columnist, lecturer and international business entrepreneur based in Hong Kong, is a Contemporary Analyst on Sino-American relations and has an extensive background of experience and expertise in professional representation of American and Chinese corporate business interests in their efforts to bridge the gap between Eastern and Western Cultures.
During an international business career, which spans more than four decades, de Krassel has been an attorney, banker, political activist, consultant, entertainment industry executive, columnist, real estate broker, photographer, book author and service industry executive in the United States and Asia. An active lecturer, he travels extensively addressing corporate leaders and academics, trade associations and university students on the political sensitivities of doing business in China.
Peter is the author of several books:
- Custom Maid Spin for New World Disorder (2004)
- Custom Maid Knowledge for New World Disorder (2007)
- Custom Maid Revolution (2015)
- Custom Maid War for New Disorder (2005)
- Feasting Dragon, Starving Eagle (2009)
A native of London, England, de Krassel traveled extensively worldwide as his father was a correspondent with the BBC. His formal education was in Switzerland, Cyprus and Israel before emigrating to the U.S. in 1964 to attend college in New York. He was an honors graduate from California State University, Northridge where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science with studies in comparative governments of the Middle East and Sino-Soviet Communism. He subsequently received his Juris Doctor degree, with honors, at the Hastings College of Law of the University of California in San Francisco. While in college, he was a photographer at the infamous Democratic National Convention in Chicago (1968). Later, he would become very active in national politics, to include working in the presidential campaigns of Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan.
Peter’s multi-faceted international business career has included:
- An attorney with a national (U.S.) law firm specializing in banking and secured transactions
- Founding and heading his own law firm (de Krassel, Tierney & Cohen)
- Founding Counselors At Large, an international business and political strategic consulting firm advising clients in Asia, Middle East, Europe and the Americas on doing business in China
- Chief organizer and Board Member of Mercantile National Bank, largest initially capitalized bank in U.S. banking history when founded in 1980
- Founder of leading distributor of foreign television film and radio programs to China
- Founder of trade publications focusing on the cable and satellite industry
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of ABC Radio Partners International
- Member of California’s Motion Picture Council and California Secretary of State’s Asian Task Force
In addition to writing books, columns for South China Morning Post, China Daily and guest columns, de Krassel is a political commentator on Hong Kong’s RTHK Radio, has three children and three grandchildren.
- US- China Relations – Past, Present and Future (From Mao’s desire to establish diplomatic relations with the US to today’s differences and the future)
- How to preserve and survive in business (in both America and China)