The client found great insights from Anil and Haiyan‘s presentation called “Global Game Changers: The Accelerating Fusion of Technology and Globalization”. Here is a quick look of the synopsis of their talk:
In the early 1990s, China was a relatively small economy which had just built its very first highway. Mobile phones were a luxury purchased mainly by rich Europeans. And, social media meant walking over to your neighbor to borrow his/her newspaper. How the world has changed over the last twenty years. Yet, notwithstanding the change we have witnessed in recent years, you can bet that the quantum of change over the next ten years will be even greater than over the last twenty. The forces that are driving this transformation include:
- The rise of emerging markets, in particular emerging Asia
- The transformation of physical into digital
- A more hyper-connected world – but by data and capital rather than trade in goods
- Rapidly rising inequality and its power to cause political upheaval
- Climate change and the havoc that it can create
- Growing economic and geopolitical risks
- Divergent demographics – the developed old and the emerging young
- The rise of the empowered individual.
The collective impact of these global game changers will be such that the structure and dynamics of the world’s economy, politics, and culture in 2025 will be fundamentally different from what they are today. Gupta and Wang will also discuss what these megatrends mean for countries, companies, and investors in terms of who can expect to thrive in the new era.
Anil Gupta is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on strategy and globalisation. He is currently the Professor of Strategy and Organization as well as Research Director at the Center for International Business Education & Research at The University of Maryland. He also serves as chief advisor to The China India Institute, a Washington DC-based research and consulting organization.
Anil Gupta is the author, coauthor or coeditor of several highly acclaimed books like “The Silk Road Rediscovered”, “Getting China and India Right”, “Global Strategies for Emerging Asia” and “The Quest for Global Dominance”, to name a few. He also serves as a columnist for Bloomberg BusinessWeek, as a Contributing Editor for Chief Executive Magazine, and as a contributor to HBR.org. His writings have also been published in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Chief Executive Magazine, Daily Telegraph, China Daily, Economic Times, and other outlets.
Anil K. Gupta is one of the 3 professors in the world to have been elected by his peers as a Lifetime Fellow of the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, and Academy of International Business. His other honors include:
- “Best Professor in Strategic Management” (CMO Asia)
- Outstanding Faculty (BusinessWeek)
- one of the world’s “most influential living management thinkers” (Thinkers50)
- one of the world’s “superstars” on “Innovation in Emerging Economies” (The Economist )
- one of the world’s “100 most influential prof
essors of entrepreneurship” (The UK-based HotTopics)
- induction into the Academy of Management Journals’ Hall of Fame
- “North American Superstar” for research in strategy and organization (Management International Review).
As a speaker, Anil Gupta’s highly captivating, insightful and thought-provoking presentations cover the topics:
- Global Strategy in the Age of China and India
- Changing the Rules of the Global Game
- Building and Exploiting Global Presence
- Cultivating a Global Mindset
- Leveraging Synergies Across Businesses
Haiyan Wang is managing partner of the China India Institute, a Washington, D.C. based research and advisory organization with a focus on creating winning global strategies, organizations, and mindsets that leverage the transformational rise of emerging markets. She has also been an adjunct professor of strategy at INSEAD. Haiyan has been listed by Thinkers50 in “On the Guru Radar” and has been named a “new guru” by The Economic Times. She co-writes a regular column for Bloomberg Businessweek, blogs for Harvard Business Review, and is the co-author of three highly acclaimed books: The Silk Road Rediscovered: How Indian and Chinese Companies Become Globally Stronger by Winning in Each Other’s Markets, Getting China and India Right, and The Quest for Global Dominance.
Haiyan Wang’s speaking topics include:
- China 2020 – What Lies Ahead
- Cultivating a Global Mindset
- Global Trends and Game Changers
- Getting China and India Right
- Dragons and Tigers on the Global Stage—What It Means to You