Bay McLaughlin has recently launched a weekly column in Forbes on tech stories from China. He has, for instance, shared his insights and observations on Huawei’s blockchain move, Wechat’s crypto crackdown, JD.com‘s AI move, and more.
Click on the links below to read some of Bay’s articles in his column called This Week in China Tech:
- JD.com Doesn’t Need Humans, Nike Spends Millions on WeChat, And More
- Four Live Video Apps Plan to IPO, AirBnB Faces A Fight For China, And More
- WeChat’s Crypto Crackdown, AI Suits Up, And More
- Huawei’s Blockchain Move, Bike Sharing Goes Bust, And More
Bay McLaughlin, called BetaBay because of his passion for testing new technologies and always trying to improve himself, is a leader in the world of startups and has built his career by helping startup ideas come to life.ed BetaBay because of his passion for testing new technologies and always trying to improve himself, is a leader in the world of startups and has built his career by helping startup ideas come to life.
During college, Bay started working for Apple, where he rose and joined their global campus advisory board. After completing his masters degree, he moved to San Francisco and joined a startup that failed, helped build another startup that exited, and then went back to Apple to build their global Small to Medium business division. During his second time at Apple, Bay helped grow a small division to a 2,000 person team running at a $1B USD run rate. His team at Apple still ranks #1 in the world for SMB sales and has grossed more than $300M USD while maintaining the highest customer loyalty in the division.
Bay’s has holdings in 30+ companies in 14 countries across various verticals: healthtech, agritech, drone tech, software as a service, food and beverage, and more.
Hailing from ‘The Valley’ for nearly 10 years and now with nearly 4 years experience in Asia, Bay is one of the few people than can speak to the old economy and the new economy, the online world and the offline world, and the East and the West.
Bay’s speaking topics include:
- How To Start Working With China – ‘Why China Matters NOW! You’re Already Behind… You Just Don’t Know It Yet
- Health Tech – ‘The Future of Health is NOT Your Doctor’s Responsibility, It’s Yours!
- IoT – What In the World Is IoT and Why Should You Care
- Manufacturing – ‘How To Source, Build & Ship Products From China
- How to Finance Your Hardware Company
- Silicon Valley/ Apple