Cesar Harada is a French-Japanese Designer, Environmentalist, Educator, Entrepreneur, passionate about Ocean Technology, Impact Innovation, and Education based in Hong Kong. Cesar is the Director of the MakerBay Group, Scoutbots, Senior Lecturer in Design and Architecture at The University of Hong Kong.
He has got his hands dirty and launched a number of sustainability projects over the years, such as:
- The Floating Marine Laboratory
- The International Ocean Station
- Coral Reef Mapping Robot
- Protei – shape-shifting robot
- Sea Nettle – Ocean Drifter
- Underwater Laser Quadrat
For more information on his projects click here and watch the video below
Cesar Harada is an French-Japanese Inventor, Environmentalist and Entrepreneur. He is Founder and Director of MakerBay and Scoutbots.. MakerBay is the Hong Kong MakerSpace for Social & Environmental Impact. Cesar is developing Protei – a revolutionary shape shifting sailing robot.
Cesar is a Former MIT project leader, TED Senior Fellow, GOOD 100, IBM Figure of Progress, Unreasonable at Sea Fellow, Shuttleworth foundation and Ocean Exchange grantee. Cesar won the Ars Electronica Golden Nica [NEXT IDEA] with his Master graduation project from the Royal College of Arts, London. Cesar has been teaching Masters at the Goldsmiths University of London, Versailles architecture School in France and lectured around the world. Cesar believes that nature, human and technology can coexist in harmony.
- The Future of Education: Maker and STEM Education
- Ocean Robotics: Shape-Shifting Sailing robots to study the ocean
- Ocean Pollution: Sensor Network, open data
- Citizen Science: how citizen can contribute to science and improve technology and the environment
- Open Hardware for the Environment: how open technology and science can rapidly improve the world
- 4th industrial Revolution, perspective from Hong Kong and Shenzhen the world new largest megalopolis
- Innovation and Creativity