Cesar Jung-Harada has recently spoken at the WeWorld Summit 2022 – Luminate, on the topic “Ocean Innovation for All”.
In his presentation, Cesar talked about oil spill, plastic, radioactivity, coral, oyster, solar and hydrogen production offshore. He opined that our greatest challenges are our greatest opportunities if we have the courage to face them.
Cesar Harada is an French-Japanese Inventor, Environmentalist and Entrepreneur. He is Founder and Director of MakerBay and Scoutbots.. MakerBay is the Hong Kong MakerSpace for Social & Environmental Impact. Cesar is developing Protei – a revolutionary shape shifting sailing robot.
Cesar is a Former MIT project leader, TED Senior Fellow, GOOD 100, IBM Figure of Progress, Unreasonable at Sea Fellow, Shuttleworth foundation and Ocean Exchange grantee. Cesar won the Ars Electronica Golden Nica [NEXT IDEA] with his Master graduation project from the Royal College of Arts, London. Cesar has been teaching Masters at the Goldsmiths University of London, Versailles architecture School in France and lectured around the world. Cesar believes that nature, human and technology can coexist in harmony.
- The Future of Education: Maker and STEM Education
- Ocean Robotics: Shape-Shifting Sailing robots to study the ocean
- Ocean Pollution: Sensor Network, open data
- Citizen Science: how citizen can contribute to science and improve technology and the environment
- Open Hardware for the Environment: how open technology and science can rapidly improve the world
- 4th industrial Revolution, perspective from Hong Kong and Shenzhen the world new largest megalopolis
- Innovation and Creativity