In his “Building a culture of innovation“ keynote, Cris Beswick provides a pragmatic overview of how CEOs, senior leaders and key influencers can build organisation-wide innovation capability. Drawing on his many years’ experience at the forefront of innovation advising corporate clients around the world, he will demystify the concept of ‘innovation’, so often seen as too complex and overwhelming for most business leaders. Cris will unpack how ‘Building a Culture of Innovation’ isn’t rocket science – it’s not about reinventing the wheel or developing radical new ideas – but rather about understanding what it takes to create an environment in which people feel empowered to contribute to the innovation agenda. By using proven frameworks and practical examples from multiple industries, Cris will show you how to create the conditions for high-performing innovation capability and develop a culture of innovation.
Based on his bestselling book ‘Building a Culture of Innovation’, voted one of the top 5 books on innovation in 2017 by The Chartered Management Institute, this keynote provides leaders at all levels with simple frameworks, practical tools and inspiring stories to help them become catalysts for change in their organisations. Through this keynote, you’ll gain an understanding of how everyone can contribute to creating a culture of trust, collaboration and ultimately innovation; helping you understand why innovation matters, what it means for your organisation and most importantly where the hell to start!
This keynote is designed for senior leaders who want to understand what drives successful innovation in organisations – not just big tech companies but any business that wants to stay competitive in today’s rapidly changing world. It’s tailored for executives across all levels who are looking for practical advice on creating an environment which encourages creativity and innovation, as well as those who need the tools and insights to lead for innovation.
- A fast-paced and conversational keynote, speaker exploring the challenges of building the holy grail of competitive advantage and even business survival, A Culture of Innovation!
- It’s not rocket science, but you do need to know what it takes and where to start.
- A pragmatic overview of how CEOs, senior leaders and agents of change can build organisation-wide innovation capability.
- Based on Cris’ bestselling book ‘Building a Culture of Innovation’, voted one of the top 5 books on innovation in 2017 by the Chartered Management Institute.
- Why innovation capability and culture need to be approached as a system.
- The importance of leaders in designing and shaping an innovation-led culture.
Cris Beswick is recognised globally as a thought leader on innovation strategy, leadership and culture and a pioneer in the field of measuring corporate innovation maturity.
He is the co-author of the book ‘Building a Culture of Innovation’, an Amazon bestseller, and voted one of the CMI’s top books on innovation in 2017. He is a business school adjunct faculty member and board advisor at The Innovators CoLab and The Global Innovation Institute. He is also the co-founder of the boutique innovation advisory firm OUTCOME where he’s helped some of the world’s most ambitious CEOs, visionary leaders, Fortune 500 companies and Governments solve their most complex innovation challenges, develop game-changing innovation capability and build a culture of innovation.
Cris regularly speaks and presents globally at high-profile innovation conferences as well as internal company events. He often focuses on what he likes to call a ‘keynote conversation’ rather than the traditional presentation or lecture. His ideas are provocative yet pragmatic at the same time, striving for thought-leadership that is actionable.
Cris has written numerous white papers, blogs and articles for various newspapers such as The Times, Financial Times, Sunday Telegraph etc.
Cris’ keynotes are:
- Why Strategy, Leadership & Culture Should Eat Breakfast Together
- Building a Culture of Innovation
- Leading FOR Innovation
- The Critical Role of Culture for Innovation
- Leading for Innovation with a Growth Mindset
- Psychological Safety for High Performance and Growth
- Building an Innovation-led Culture by Design