In a recent interview, Dr Jordan Nguyen answers the question “Can big ideas radically change the way people connect?”. Jordan shared his experience in working with people with disabilities, and started wondering if is is possible to help inspire their sense of independence by building a car they can drive? Is this kind of technology possible, where it would be amazing if a car with sensors is able to read the driver’s mind, informing the car where to go, taking the driver to their destination?
Here is the video of the interview.
Dr Jordan Nguyen’s mission in life is to improve the lives of as many people as possible and to be a driving force behind positive human and technological evolution into the future. He believes the relationship between humanity and technology is constantly changing and its role in our lives is becoming more integrated, leading us to a future that is ‘Beyond Superhuman’.
Jordan completed a PhD in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) in 2012, and was awarded into the prestigious UTS Chancellor’s List.
His work has been featured in range of TV, radio, magazine, and newspaper interviews, most notably ABC’s Catalyst and Channel TEN’s The Project. In 2016 Jordan collaborated with the Australian based production company, The Feds, and the ABC to create and present his first TV documentary, Becoming Superhuman. For this he brought together diverse teams to rapidly prototype and develop technology, taking the audience on the exciting journey of agile collaboration and creative thinking to solve some extremely challenging problems.
Jordan Nguyen has been on the board of directors for Object: The Australian Design Centre, is a member of the board for the NSW Medical Technology Knowledge Hub, and taught project development in Artificial Intelligence design and Biomedical Instrumentation for engineering masters students at University of Technology Sydney. In addition to this Jordan was named in the top 100 global influencers on Virtual Reality in Onalytica’s Top 100 Influencers and Brands report in May 2016.
Dr Jordan‘s speaking topics include:
- The next big disruptive technologies your business needs to know to survive, and to help shape a better world and future.
- Our ever-evolving relationship between technology and humanity – how technology will assist and augment us, and how we are integrating with technology and the digital world
- How technology innovation will play an unprecedented role in new forms of collaboration
- Next generations coming through and why businesses must prepare for a changing workforce
- The rapid rise of social businesses and enterprises and what these mean for your business
- Sci-Fi technologies changing the world and how these will affect our businesses
- STEM/STEAM and the important characteristics and traits for future careers
- Motivational / Inspiration talks to empower and activate audiences to tackle new challenges and collaborations
- Creativity and new ways of thinking from a story-led, humanity-focused technology creation perspective