Dr Jordan Nguyen is launching his Youtube Channel finally! Tune in and join Jordan’s adventures through harnessing science and technology towards a better tomorrow!
Dr Jordan Nguyen is one of Australia’s most innovative engineers, who is committed to improving the lives of as many people as possible, and to help become a driving force behind both human and technological evolution as we move into the future.
An internationally renowned engineer for humanity, Jordan designs life-changing technologies to transform the lives of people with disabilities and the elderly through his role as founder of Psykinetic, a social business committed to bringing positive, sustainable and life-altering change, and shares his adventures through documentaries across the world. Inspired by human endeavour, Jordan has big ambitions to see our world step consciously and creatively into a better future.
Jordan is Founder and CEO of Psykinetic, a start-up social business aimed at creating futuristic, inclusive and empowering technologies to improve independence and quality of life. Currently focusing on disability and aged care, Jordan and his team have successfully created a mind-controlled wheelchair, Virtual and Augmented reality rehabilitation and inclusive gaming, an instrument that enabled a friend with cerebral palsy to play music with her eyes and blinks, and devices that make it possible to control household appliances or even drive cars using only the tiny electrical signals created from eye movements.
Jordan is an award-winning documentary maker and presenter. In 2016 he collaborated with the Australian based production company, The Feds, and the ABC Catalyst to create and present his first TV documentary Becoming Superhuman, which went on to win many prestigious awards both locally and internationally. His work is regularly featured in the media and he has since gone on to present a second ABC Catalyst documentary Meet The Avatars exploring the impacts of Virtual Reality, including creating virtual interactive avatars to preserve memories of loved ones. He has also worked with National Geographic on China 2049 and so far presented four Discovery Channel documentaries – Smart China, Time of Xi, Vietnam: Connecting East Africa, and Tibet: Living On The Roof Of The World. He recently founded his own media company, Time-Captain Productions and aims to continue creating world-changing content on the intersection between technology and humanity.
Jordan is a passionate ambassador for STEAM education, adaptable mindsets and big-picture thinking and holds a degree in Electrical Engineering, First-Class Honours, Diploma in Engineering Practice, and a PhD in Biomedical Engineering (Chancellor’s List) from the University of Technology Sydney. He has taught university engineering master’s students in Artificial Intelligence design and Biomedical instrumentation, and has supervised many research students. He believes our young generations are the change-makers of tomorrow and have the potential to create solutions to the world’s greatest challenges.
The past few years alone have been significant for Jordan. In 2017 he was a finalist for the NSW Australian of the Year. He made the list of Australia’s Most Innovative Engineers by Create Magazine 2016, was named in Onalytica’s Top 100 Global Influencers on Virtual Reality in both 2016 and 2017, travelled on tour with Think Inc and Steve Wozniak in 2016, won the Australian Computer Society’s (ACS) ‘ICT Professional of the Year’ Digital Disruptors Award in 2017, and had the honour of being MC in 2018 for An Evening With President Barack Obama on his recent visit to Sydney.
Film awards and achievements include:
– Winner ATOM Award Best Factual Television Series Australia 2016
– Winner ROCKIE Award Best Science and Technology, BANFF World Media Festival, Canada 2017
– Winner Gold award for NSW ACS awards Australia 2016
– Winner Best Documentary Picture This International Disability Film Festival, Canada 2016
– Winner Gold REMI Award 50th Annual International Independent Film Festival, WorldFest, USA 2016
– Winner The Australian Museum Department of Industry, Innovation and Science Eureka Prize for Science Journalism 2017
– Official Selection SUPER GEEK Film Festival Florida Supercon USA 2017
– Official Selection SCINEMA International Science Festival, Austria 2016
– Official Selection ASSIM VIVEMOS International Disability Film Festival, Brazil 2016
Jordan’s speaking topics are:
- The next big disruptive technologies your business needs to know to survive, and to help shape a better world and future. Just a few examples include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Our ever-evolving relationship between technology and humanity – how technology will assist and augment us, and how we are integrating with technology and the digital world
- How technology innovation will play an unprecedented role in new forms of collaboration
- Next generations coming through and why businesses must prepare for a changing workforce
- The rapid rise of social businesses and enterprises and what these mean for your business
- Sci-Fi technologies changing the world and how these will affect our businesses
- STEM/STEAM and the important characteristics and traits for future careers
- Motivational / Inspiration talks to empower and activate audiences to tackle new challenges and collaborations
- Creativity and new ways of thinking from a story-led, humanity-focussed technology creation perspective