Futurist and biomedical engineer Dr Jordan Nguyen spoke at the TEDxSydney event on how technology is reinventing humanity.
The video below captures Dr Jordan Nguyen‘s presentation, where he talks about how we are integrating technology on a daily basis and how much we are starting to blur the lines between virtual and reality. He says “The world is changing very very quickly so we need to keep up with that. We need to raise the conversations as to what we could potentially achieve.”
Dr Jordan Nguyen’s mission in life is to improve the lives of as many people as possible and to be a driving force behind positive human and technological evolution into the future. He believes the relationship between humanity and technology is constantly changing and its role in our lives is becoming more integrated, leading us to a future that is ‘Beyond Superhuman’.
Jordan completed a PhD in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) in 2012, and was awarded into the prestigious UTS Chancellor’s List.
His work has been featured in range of TV, radio, magazine, and newspaper interviews, most notably ABC’s Catalyst and Channel TEN’s The Project. In 2016 Jordan collaborated with the Australian based production company, The Feds, and the ABC to create and present his first TV documentary, Becoming Superhuman. For this he brought together diverse teams to rapidly prototype and develop technology, taking the audience on the exciting journey of agile collaboration and creative thinking to solve some extremely challenging problems.
Jordan has been on the board of directors for Object: The Australian Design Centre, is a member of the board for the NSW Medical Technology Knowledge Hub, and taught project development in Artificial Intelligence design and Biomedical Instrumentation for engineering masters students at University of Technology Sydney. In addition to this Jordan was named in the top 100 global influencers on Virtual Reality in Onalytica’s Top 100 Influencers and Brands report in May 2016.
Dr Jordan Nguyen‘ speaking topics include:
- The next big disruptive technologies your business needs to know to survive, and to help shape a better world and future.
- Our ever-evolving relationship between technology and humanity – how technology will assist and augment us, and how we are integrating with technology and the digital world
- How technology innovation will play an unprecedented role in new forms of collaboration
- Next generations coming through and why businesses must prepare for a changing workforce
- The rapid rise of social businesses and enterprises and what these mean for your business
- Sci-Fi technologies changing the world and how these will affect our businesses
- STEM/STEAM and the important characteristics and traits for future careers
- Motivational / Inspiration talks to empower and activate audiences to tackle new challenges and collaborations
- Creativity and new ways of thinking from a story-led, humanity-focussed technology creation perspective