Jamil Qureshi is one of today’s foremost practitioners of performance psychology and is an expert in high performance. As the co-founder of several change agencies Jamil has enjoyed working with a rich diversity of the most talented business and sports people and teams in the world.
In his CEO Magazine interview, Jamil shared the lessons for successful performance. Here are some of them:
- Purpose is never achieved, it’s attained on a daily basis. Understand what truly drives you, and it will be easier to stay motivated and fulfilled, turning ambition into achievement.
- Human leadership over business leadership. Rebuild working structures and relationships, factoring in priorities like health and family. The future of leadership is empathetic.
- Energy management over time management. There will be moments when you can’t perform certain tasks and that’s OK. Instead of beating yourself up, remember that this will pass and try to divert your attention to some quick wins like chipping away at admin or firing off some emails.
Jamil Qureshi has helped six people get to number one in the world.
In 2006, he was appointed as the first-ever official psychologist to work with the European Ryder Cup team. They made history in winning by a record-equaling margin.
Jamil has worked with 22 golfers inside the top 50 in the world, including two world number 1’s.
His clients have included Darren Clarke, Lee Westwood, Henrik Stenson, Paul McGinley, Graeme McDowell, Paul Casey, Thomas Bjorn, Sergio Garcia,
Ranked among the most influential figures in British sport in 2009, Jamil was voted in the top 100 most powerful men in golf 2008 by his international peers.
He has worked successfully with three English Premiership football clubs, one of which reaching a record position from its halfway point in the season.
He has worked with footballers from Manchester United FC, Manchester City FC, Liverpool FC and Chelsea FC
Jamil has worked with Fomula 1 drivers David Coulthard and Eddie Irvine and 2009 England Ashes winning cricketers.
Jamil’s keynotes are:
- TURNING AMBITION INTO ACHIEVEMENT
- BLAME LOOKS BACKWARDS, RESPONSIBILITY LOOKS FORWARD
- ENGAGEMENT- RHETORIC OR REALITY
- COMPLEXITY AND UNCERTAINTY, SO WHAT?
- THE DISRUPTIVE LEADER!
- SUSTAINABLE RELATIONSHIPS
- THE ROGUE MONKEY