We are most happy that JP Kuehlwein, Branding Expert, will be publishing his new book, Brand Elevation: Lessons in Ueber-Branding, this Jan 2021!
The luxury and lifestyle goods industries have seen a constant upward growth curve with the world’s top 100 luxury brands making sales of over $250 billion each year. But maybe more surprisingly, premium-priced offerings have been stealing precious growth, profit and share from mass-market leaders in categories as diverse as grooming, garbage disposal, gaming or groceries. How do they do it?
Brand Elevation is a hands-on, How-To guide of how any business, irrespective of its market segment or level, can learn from them and apply the lessons to their own organization.
It explains the success drivers behind brands we consider peerless and priceless. They range from High Luxury to everyday products people are willing to pay a premium for. Covering start-ups to industry titans, membership brands to B2B businesses and branded spaces.
The book includes examples, case studies and interviews from brands as diverse as Airbnb, Berlutti, Chanel, Dyson, Everlane, Fortnite or FRoSTA to Lakrids, Starbucks or YouTube. Addressing business challenges such as taking e-commerce from convenience to experience, building an omni-dimensional presence for a brand, or moving from standardization to personalization.
JP Kuehlwein is the co-founder of ‘Ueber-Brands’ a consultancy that helps owners elevate their brands to make them peerless, priceless and profitable. He previously was Executive Vice President at Frédéric Fekkai & Co, a prestige salon and retail hair care business and served as Brand Director and Global Director of Strategy at multinational Procter & Gamble, based in Germany, the US, Singapore, Hong Kong and finally in New York.
JP can look back at an over 25-year track record of translating consumer and cultural insight into propositions that generate more than a billion dollars in sales today.
He shares this professional experience with students as a faculty member at both Columbia University’s Business School and NYU’s Stern School of Business. He is also a Senior Fellow and Leader of the Marketing Institute at The Conference Board and an advisory board member at the CFMM Master’s Program of the Fashion Institute of Technology, all in New York City.
JP is the co-author of “Rethinking Prestige Branding – Secrets of the Ueber-Brands” (Kogan Page, 2015) and “Brand Elevation – Lessons in Ueber-Branding” (KP, 2021 forthcoming) with Wolfgang Schaefer, which are reference books when it comes to understanding and building premium brands across industries.
JP’s presentations are:
- Rethinking Prestige Branding – Secrets of Ueber-Brands
- Mission, Myth and “Truth”- Or – How to Make Your Brand Priceless
- Modern Marketing and the Need for ‘Truth’ (aka ‘authenticity’)
- Modern Marketing and the Need for Mission and Myth
- To Seduce Consumers – Re-Mystify Marketing!
- Prestige Brand Growth – How to Grow without losing your Glow
- How an Apple, Berluti, Cirque du Soleil or Dyson make us ‘happily pay a fortune’?
- Modern Prestige Retailing – Manifestation of Mission, Myth and Mojo.
- The Art of Seduction in Prestige Marketing – Or – How to strike the fine balance between Inclusivity and Exclusivity
- Ueber-Branding – Or how to Seduce rather than Sell for Sustained Success
- Ueber-Branding – Or how to imbue your brand with meaning to matter
- The Meaning of Innovation – Sustainable Growth for Premium Brands