Speakers Connect is proud to present Lori Granito, award winning serial entrepreneur, culinary innovator, success and mindset coach.
Lori Granito’s story takes her from growing up in the public housing projects of New Orleans, to university in Paris, and finally to Hong Kong, where she has lived for 25 years, and is a leading figure in the entrepreneurs, start up and food scene. Her story of overcoming adversity includes moving forward after losing everything (down to about $12), navigating her business through SARS, and her entire family becoming homeless and scattered.
Lori Granito is the co-founder of Kitchen Sync, Hong Kong’s first culinary incubator for start up food entrepreneurs. She is also the owner of several other F&B companies, including the award winning Magnolia private kitchen.
Lori has received numerous accolades in many of Hong Kong’s major newspapers including: the SCMP (Best Private Dinner Party Caterer of the Year), HK Standard, Asian Wall Street Journal, Eastern Express, Time Out, HK Magazine, and HK Economic Times to name but a few. Her companies have also been featured internationally in publications such as the Sydney Sun Herald, Travel and Leisure, Time, Newsweek, Forbes, Essence and The Robb Report. Her television appearances include TVB Pearl’s Money Magazine, CNBC’s ‘The Winners’, CNN’s Global Office program, and a six week run on Bloomberg’s Asia Confidential.
Lori received the prestigious American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong’s ‘Women of Influence’ Entrepreneur of the Year Award for 2016. She was also named 2010 Entrepreneur of the Year by Skal Hong Kong, an organization comprised of hotel GM’s and top executives from the hospitality and travel industry in Hong Kong.
She is a sought after speaker, and in addition to being a Tedx speaker coach, has done talks for Google, several Rotary Clubs, InvestHK, Metta, Female Entrepreneurs Worldwide (FEW), and AXA. She is a 3 time Ted speaker and her TedX Wanchai Women talk on entrepreneurship garnered the only standing ovation of the event. Her other Ted talks include TedX Lingnan University and TedX HKUST. She has given several talks for the HKU MBA programme.
She is a former chairwoman of the Hong Kong Women Business Owner’s Association, Former Vice Chair of the Soho Business Association, and is currently on the board of the Women’s Entrepreneur Network in Hong Kong.
She speaks fluent French and a smattering of Spanish, Japanese and Cantonese. She is also learning Mandarin.
Lori’s speaking topics include:
- Fail forward – Turning obstacles into opportunities by choosing possibilities instead of problems. Make your mess your message.
- Jump into Greatness – Why playing it safe is the enemy of success
- Why People Buy – Demystifying the Customer Experience
- Digital Footprints – How your online personal ‘brand’ affects your offline corporate experience
- Leaders go to the back of the line (queue)! – How your company culture can inspire teams to get more done through empowerment rather than fear.
- Stop asking for your piece of the pie – get the recipe! Change your outlook to overcome limiting behaviors (Entrepreneurs)
- The Biggest Bully is You – Quit being an asshole to yourself
- Embracing diversity to drive innovation
- What Box are you in? – Are you sure you’re who you think you are? Re-think your identity and what you believe you are capable of in order to unleash your full potential.
- Partners in Success – Embrace collaboration instead of competition in order to rise
- Entreprenuership – Lessons from a cartoon fish (Tedx) – overcoming adversity,
- The Power of Perseverance – Why Findng your passion isn’t enough
- Women’s Entrepreneurship/ Women as Leaders – Various topics
- The (not so) Secret Sales Sauce – and why most people still don’t get it
- Risk Taking and Decision Making – The Value of thinking like an Entrepreneur
Contact us if you would like Lori Granito to inspire your team.