We at Speakers Connect are proud to present consumer behavior expert Michael R. Solomon.
Michael is best known as the author of the essential book on understanding consumers. His book “Consumer Behavior: Buying, Having, and Being” is literally the most widely used book on the subject in the world. As one of the most productive scholars in the field of advertising and marketing communications, Michael has been commended by marketing guru Philip Kotler saying, “Solomon has the mind of a scientist and the writing flair of a journalist.”
Michael R. Solomon “wrote the book” on understanding consumers. Literally. Hundreds of thousands of business students have learned about Marketing from his books including Consumer Behavior: Buying, Having, and Being — the most widely used book on the subject in the world. He holds a Ph.D. in Social Psychology and is currently Professor of Marketing in the Haub School of Business at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia.
Michael is at the forefront of marketing thought that emphasizes the strategic importance of understanding how products and services ranging from clothing to credit cards are actually experienced by the people who buy them.
He has advised numerous companies on consumer research and lifestyle marketing issues. Michael is in demand as an acclaimed lecture-series Speaker to business groups around the world; in recent years he has delivered keynotes in South Korea, Brazil, Peru, Japan, Germany, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Poland.
Michael’s books include:
- Consumer Behavior: Buying, Having, and Being (is the most widely-used textbook on the subject in the world)
- Marketing: Real People, Real Choices 9th edition (one of the top five Principles of Marketing texts in the U.S.A)
- Conquering Consumerspace: Marketing Strategies for a Branded World
- The Truth about What Customers Want
Michael’s speaking topics are entitled:
- Earthshaking Trends: What You Need To Know NOW About Keeping your Top Consumers
- A Moving Target
- The Young and the Restless: Capture the Hearts, Minds and Wallets of Millennials
- We Really ARE What We Wear: How The Psychology of Fashion Influences Consumer Behavior