Great news! Miles Hilton-Barber, Blind Adventurer and International Motivational Speaker, will be in Asia at the end of August 2015!
Miles Hilton-Barber, Blind Adventurer and International Motivational Speaker, has had the privilege of speaking at over 800 corporate events in 69 countries to date.
He has, since the age of 50, set numerous world records whilst undertaking extreme endurance events across all seven continents of our world.
- First blind pilot to undertake a 55-day, 21,000 kilometre microlight flight from London to Sydney, relying on revolutionary speech-output technology, accompanied by his sighted co-pilot
- Man-hauling a sledge over 250 miles across Antarctica
- Completing “The Toughest Foot-race on Earth” – 150 miles across the Sahara Desert.
- Climbing to 17,500 feet in the Himalayas
- Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt. Blanc- Africa’s/Europe’s highest mountains
- Running the 11-day Ultra-Marathon race across China from the Gobi Desert to the Great Wall
- Completing the “Coldest Marathon on Earth”- the Siberian Ice Marathon
- Competing in the hottest ultra-marathon on earth across Death Valley California.
- Crossing the entire Qatar Desert non-stop day/night in 78 hours without sleep
- Circumnavigating 38,000 miles around the world using 80 different forms of transport
- Setting the Malaysian Grand Prix lap record for a blind driver in a 230kph Lotus
- Setting a new British high-altitude record for a tandem microlight (20,300 feet) with -55 Centigrade open-cockpit temperatures
- White-water rafting down the Zambezi River
- Completing more than 40 skydiving jumps
- Cage-diving with Great White Sharks
- First blind pilot to undertake a sortie of extreme aerobatics in a +600 MPH Hawker Hunter fighter jet with an ex-Red Arrows co-pilot
- Becoming the first blind person to do the solo kamikaze skeleton run down the 5G Olympic bob-sleigh track in Lillehammer, Norway
- First blind person to drive a 340 BHP performance rated Zap Cat power boat in ocean time trials
- First blind aviator to break sound barrier- attaining speed of Mach 1.4/1,060 MPH during vertical climb to 50,000 feet in just 90 seconds in an English Electric Lightning fighter jet.
- First blind person to participate in a drag-racing event, driving a 150 MPH supercharged machine at Britain’s Santa Pod drag track.
- First blind person to drive a 5.5Litre 450 BHP V8 Mustang race car on Cape Town’s Killarney Circuit (performance 0-62 MPH in 2.8 seconds)
He comes to remind us that we too can live our dreams, because “the only limits in our lives are those we accept ourselves”.
Contact us at Speakers Connect to engage Miles to speak at your next conference.