Mina Guli, a corporate lawyer turned water activist, will be running 100 marathons in 100 days to highlight key water issues worldwide. Here is the media coverage of Mina’s expedition, as well as details of the water issue we face in TIME Magazine.
“Water scarcity is just such ahuge problem. I want to bring attention to the world’s water crisis—andinspire people to solve it. Together.”
Read the rest of the article here.
The founder and CEO of Thirst, Mina Guli is a global leader, an entrepreneur and adventurer passionate and committed to making a difference in the world. Following a 15-year successful career as a world leader in climate change, including co-founding Peony Capital – a company that provides capital and knowledge to Chinese companies to help them mitigate their impact on the environment – Mina established Thirst, an organizational initiative of the Young Global Leaders of the World Economic Forum.
Mina was appointed by the Chinese Government as an Advisor to their Education for Sustainable Development Program and runs with the support of the United Nations Development Program.
Mina is an acclaimed public speaker and frequent media commentator, featuring in over 400 local, national and global newspapers, magazines and television programs around the world including UN Radio, CNN, BBC, ITV, ABC, Forbes, Fortune, CCTV and Al Jazeera. She often speaks about topics like ultra running, achievement, environmental issues, leadership and motivation, peak performance, risk management, sustainability and teamwork.
Mina’s accolades include:
- Young Global Leader (World Economic Forum) 2010
- Future Leadership Award (Australia Davos Connection)
- one of Australia’s “50 for the Future”
- finalist for the Australian Female Alumni of the Year
- one of Australia’s 100 most influential women (twice awarded)
- one of the 50 greatest leaders in the world (Fortune Magazine)
- Global Visionary (UBS)
Mina’s presentations include:
- Running on Empty – A speech of getting into ultra-running and triathlons despite an injury projected to end her athletic career. This speech is focused on the theme of overcoming obstacles and perseverance.
- Thirst for Water – This is a speech often given to groups interested in her organization. She explains more about what Thirst does, what it has accomplished, and educates on the water scarcity crisis.
Contact us if you would like Mina Guli to inspire at your next event.