Morinosuke Kawaguchi, Japan’s foremost futurist, leading innovation and competitive strategy consultant was invited by the FUSO Talks to speak on “Embracing the Future”.
Watch the video of his presentation below:
Morinosuke Kawaguchi is an innovation and competitive strategy consultant, futurist, author and designer. He is the founder and CEO of Morinoske Co. Ltd., a creative future laboratory based in Tokyo. As Japan’s foremost futurist, he serves as a strategy advisor to the Japanese government and to some of the world’s largest multinationals.
Morinosuke Kawaguchi is an award-winning author whose books have been translated into four languages and they influence thinking and practice not only in Japan but in other countries as well. His publications include:
- メガトレンド2014-2023 ( MEGATRENDS 2014-2023)
- Otaku de onnano ko na kuni no monozukuri” (English title: Geeky-Girly Innovation: A Japanese Subculturist’s Guide to Technology & Design)
- Gross National Talent: Quantitative Analysis of Amazing Japanese Soft Power
Morinosuke’s work and insights have been recognized by the Japanese government. In 2014, he was part of the science and technology policy-planning process while working with The National Institute of Science and Technology Policy (NISTEP), a national research institution under the direct jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). He has also been invited by the ruling Liberal Democratic Party’s National Strategy Headquarters for his ideas on creating jobs and gaining foreign currency, two issues that are crucial for the Japanese government’s 2030 future strategy.
Additionally, Morinosuke has been an advisor to the 日経BP未来研究所, Nikkei BP Mirai Kenkyujou, the Future Laboratory of Nikkei BP, Japan’s biggest publisher of business and technology magazines and books since 2013.
Morinosuke Kawaguchi was also a part of the global strategy consulting firm, Arthur D. Little, (Japan) Inc. where he was Principal & Associate Director. He is the inventor of the Morinoske Subculture-driven Innovation Model, which he applies to both his consulting work and educational activity.
Morinosuke Kawaguchi’s programs and speaking topics are:
- Subculture-inspired innovation
- A new kind of hunger: Herbivore, urban markets
- The future is fun
- Time Machine accelerator: Look at Japan
- Mining gold from the silver market
- Discovering new needs: Lessons from the Japanese Toilet
- Emotional attachment in value creation
- Be shy, make money!
- The markets of the luxurious weak
- Sustainable innovation
- Morinosuke Kawaguchi’s Innovation Model
- Keiretsu 2.0
Contact us to have Morinosuke Kawaguchi at your next event.