Niall Ferguson, fondly called “the most talented British historian of his generation” will be in Australia this coming May 2016.
Niall Ferguson is one of the world’s leading historians of the global economy. He is currently a Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History at Harvard University and William Ziegler Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School. Niall is also a Senior Research Fellow at Jesus College, Oxford University, and a Senior Fellow of the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
Niall’s expansive and ambitious themes include the costs and the costs and benefits of economic globalization; the interface between finance and politics; the lessons to be learned from the British experience of empire; and the strengths and limitation of American global power. He is a regular contributor to The Financial Times and his works have appeared in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Foreign Affairs to name a few.
Niall’s internationally-acclaimed books include:
- The Ascent of Money
- The Pity of War
- The Cash Nexus: Money and Power in the Modern World
- Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order
- Lessons for Global Power
- The War of the World: Twentieth Century Conflict and the Descent of the West
- Civilization: The West and the Rest
As a prolific speaker, Niall Ferguson shares his expertise on history and global economy. Some of his speaking topics are:
- Those With Guns and Those Who Dig: The World Economy After the Crisis
- The Ascent and Descent of Money: What Went Wrong with Western Finance?
- Rebuilding Capitalism after the Global Financial Crisis
- Globalization: Past, Present and Possible Futures
- Political Risk and the Global Business Environment
- Business Empires: How Big Companies Rise and Fall
- Is This the Chinese Century?