Based in London, Thinkers50 is the world’s most reliable resource for identifying, ranking, and sharing the leading management ideas of our age. Their ambition is to provide innovative access to ideas with the power to make the world a better place.
Prof Anil Gupta and Haiwan Wang have over 60 years of combined experience in research, consulting and global business management. Together, they co-founded the China India Institute in Bethesda, Maryland.
Gupta’s research focuses on emerging markets (specifically China and India), frugal innovation, global strategy and organization, and corporate innovation and entrepreneurship. An expert in international economics, Wang’s focus is on cultivating a global mindset. The winning global leaders, whether individuals or companies, she claims, will be the ones who truly grasp the unprecedented transformation of the global economy and possess the capabilities to sense, filter, and integrate diverse opportunities on a global scale, ahead of the pack.
Learn more about it here.
Prof Anil Gupta is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on strategy and globalisation. He is currently the Professor of Strategy and Organization as well as Research Director at the Center for International Business Education & Research at The University of Maryland. He also serves as chief advisor to The China India Institute, a Washington DC-based research and consulting organization.
Anil Gupta is the author, coauthor or coeditor of several highly acclaimed books like “The Silk Road Rediscovered”, “Getting China and India Right”, “Global Strategies for Emerging Asia” and “The Quest for Global Dominance”, to name a few. He also serves as a columnist for Bloomberg BusinessWeek, as a Contributing Editor for Chief Executive Magazine, and as a contributor to HBR.org. His writings have also been published in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Chief Executive Magazine, Daily Telegraph, China Daily, Economic Times, and other outlets.
Anil K. Gupta is one of the 3 professors in the world to have been elected by his peers as a Lifetime Fellow of the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, and Academy of International Business. His other honors include:
- “Best Professor in Strategic Management” (CMO Asia)
- Outstanding Faculty (BusinessWeek)
- one of the world’s “most influential living management thinkers” (Thinkers50)
- one of the world’s “superstars” on “Innovation in Emerging Economies” (The Economist )
- one of the world’s “100 most influential prof
essors of entrepreneurship” (The UK-based HotTopics)
- induction into the Academy of Management Journals’ Hall of Fame
- “North American Superstar” for research in strategy and organization (Management International Review).
As a speaker, Anil’s highly captivating, insightful and thought-provoking presentations cover the topics:
- Global Strategy in the Age of China and India
- Changing the Rules of the Global Game
- Building and Exploiting Global Presence
- Cultivating a Global Mindset
- Leveraging Synergies Across Businesses
Haiyan Wang is managing partner of the China India Institute, a Washington, D.C. based research and advisory organization with a focus on creating winning global strategies, organizations, and mindsets that leverage the transformational rise of emerging markets. She has also been an adjunct professor of strategy at INSEAD. Haiyan has been listed by Thinkers50 in “On the Guru Radar” and has been named a “new guru” by The Economic Times. She co-writes a regular column for Bloomberg Businessweek, blogs for Harvard Business Review, and is the co-author of three highly acclaimed books: The Silk Road Rediscovered: How Indian and Chinese Companies Become Globally Stronger by Winning in Each Other’s Markets, Getting China and India Right, and The Quest for Global Dominance.
Haiyan’s speaking topics include:
- China 2020 – What Lies Ahead
- Cultivating a Global Mindset
- Global Trends and Game Changers
- Getting China and India Right
- Dragons and Tigers on the Global Stage—What It Means to You