Prof George Yip is now available to speak on Organizational Intelligence (OQ) for leaders.
The qualities that help managers rise in the organization — emotional intelligence, high IQ, technical competence, and so forth — don’t necessarily make them effective once they’re in a leadership position. For that, they need organizational intelligence (OQ), or the ability to get the organization to do what they want it to do. Those with organizational intelligence have the following competencies: they can effectively communicate the top strategic priorities, foster an organization-wide sense of “how we do things here”, get things done even in the absence of consensus, stage moments of theater, and rebel from the top.
Read more about it from his Harvard Business Review article here.
Professor George Yip is Professor of Marketing and Strategy, and Associate Dean for Executive Programmes at Imperial College Business School.
His previous academic positions include:
- Professor of Strategy and Co-Director of the Centre on China Innovation at China Europe International Business School
- Dean of Rotterdam School of Management – Erasmus University
- faculty at Harvard, UCLA, Cambridge Judge, and London Business School
His previous business positions include Vice President and Director of Research & Innovation at Capgemini Consulting senior manager at Price Waterhouse (USA) and manager at Unilever, and various boards.
Professor Yip is also the author of several publications such as:
- China’s Next Strategic Advantage: From Imitation to Innovation (2016)
- Strategic Transformation: Changing While Winning (2013)
- Managing Global Customers (2007)
- Asian Advantage: Key Strategies for Winning in the Asia-Pacific Region (1998)
- Total Global Strategy (1992 and 2012)
- and over 100 publications, including in Strategic Management Journal, Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review and California Management Review.
In his talks, Prof Yip brings a unique combination of his Asian background, British eloquence and humor, and American expertise. He also blends academic rigor with business pragmatism, and draws on many company examples. He has delivered presentations in top management groups and forums around the world including ABN Amro, American Express, Arab-Malaysian Bank, Arup, Ashland, Ashmore Investment Forum, Bank of America, BASF, Beiersdorf, Bertelsmann, Brown Forman, Carl Zeiss, Confederation of British Industries, Cisco, Concours Group, Corporate Research Forum, D Group, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Delta Airlines, Deutsche Bank, Du Pont, Ernst & Young, Etisalat, GMAC, HLB International, Honeywell, IBM, J-Phone (Japan), Industry Canada, Invensys, McKinsey, KPMG, Milliken, National Australia Bank, Nestlé, Nissan, Nokia, Philips, Peoplesoft, Pitney Bowes, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Ralston-Purina, SABIC, San Miguel, SAP, Sara Lee, Saudi Basic Industries Company, Singapore Airlines, Sonae, Sony, Strategic Account Management Association, ST Microelectronics, TAS, TransCanada, and Via Group; and for conferences held by Business Week, Far Eastern Economic Review, Forbes, Fortune, Global Competitiveness Forum (Saudi Arabia), Global Digital Leaders Summit, Global HR Forum (Seoul), Pacific Economic Congress (Vladivostok), World Economic Forum (Davos, Seoul, Singapore, Dalian, and Tianjin), and World Chinese Economic Forum (Beijing).
George Yip’s speaking topics include:
- Innovation and China
- Global Strategy
- Managing Global Customers
- Strategic Transformation
- Chinese Business Going Global
- Internationalizing from Emerging Markets
Prof George Yip is available to speak at organisation events on “Organizational Intelligence (OQ) for Leaders”. Please contact us at Speakers Connect if you would like to engage Prof Yip for your event.