Prof Sattar Bawany published “Leadership in Disruptive Times”, which examined the fundamental qualities of disruptive leadership that would distinguish successful leaders as they guide their organizations through the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the digital transformation at the workplace. It explores the transformation of organizations in today’s highly disruptive, increasingly VUCA and the digital-driven era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0).
The book also serves as a resource for organizations that plans to prepare for the Disruptive and Digital-Driven Post-Pandemic era of the ‘New Normal’ and includes toolkits, frameworks and best practices case studies including organizations such as Microsoft, Uber, Grab, Netflix and DBS Bank amongst others.
This book provides insights into an understanding of disruptive leadership. It explores the key success factors for digital transformation of organizations in the highly disruptive, increasingly VUCA-driven era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.Disruption is happening everywhere and in every aspect of our lives. It is happening at a scale and speed that is unprecedented in modern history, impacting diverse industries, from financial services to retail, media, logistics and supply chain, manufacturing, education, professional services, and life sciences. Leaders are finding it challenging to navigate the near-insurmountable challenges resulting from the impact of these disruptive events on their organizations.
The right leadership is critical for organizations to thrive in a disruptive business environment. How should we define leadership in such an environment? Are the current leadership practices and competencies still relevant in the face of such disruption? What are the attributes of a “disruptive digital leader”? How can leaders set themselves up not only to survive but also to thrive in navigating the challenges of disruptive events and crises?
This book provides insights into an understanding of disruptive leadership. It explores the key success factors for digital transformation of organizations in the highly disruptive, increasingly VUCA-driven era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (also known as Industry 4.0). The book also examines the fundamental qualities of disruptive leadership that would distinguish successful leaders as they guide their organizations through the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the digital transformation at the workplace.
With over 30 years of experience in international business, executive coaching and leadership development, there is no doubt that Prof Sattar Bawany is one of the most trusted experts when it comes to international business strategies.
At present, Prof Bawany holds the following professional appointments:
- Chief Executive Officer and C-Suite Certified Master Executive Coach of the Centre for Executive Education (CEE)
- Managing Director & Master Executive Coach, EDA Asia Pacific
- Strategic Advisor of International Professional Managers Association (IPMA)
- Senior Advisor & Adjunct Practice Leader, Talent Management of Cegos Asia Pacific
- Faculty Member of Harvard Business Publishing Corporate Learning
- Faculty Member of the Duke CE Global Learning Resource Network (GLRN)
- Adjunct Faculty & Executive Coach of ICLIF Leadership & Governance Centre
- Adjunct Professor of Strategy at the Paris Graduate School of Management (PGSM) and Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB)
Additionally, he has also held the following professional appointments in the past:
- Managing Director and Talent Management Practice Leader, DBM Asia Pacific
- Head of Transition & Executive Coaching Practice, DBM Asia Pacific
- Business Leader, Global Information Services, Mercer HR Consulting, Asia Pacific
- Head of Learning Services & Senior Consultant Organisational Effectiveness and Management Development (OEMD), The Hay Group, Asia Pacific
- Head of Business Development, Forum Corporation, Asia Pacific
- Senior Consultant, Sales, Service & Leadership Development, Mercuri International
He was awarded the 2019 Executive of the Year for Human Resources Consulting at the Singapore Business Review (SBR) Management Excellence Awards 2019. Over the past 30 years, working with clients across various industries globally, he has delivered executive coaching engagement and executive development programs to ensure C-Suite leaders’ readiness for the highly disruptive and digital-driven workplace. His earlier book titled Transforming the Next Generation Leaders: Developing Future Leaders for a Disruptive, Digital-Driven Era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) was published by Business Expert Press (BEP) in 2019.
Professor Bawany has coached a range of leaders, from CEOs to high potential managers. His talks focus on encouraging individual initiative and leadership from a systemic perspective in order to achieve clearly defined business results. His specialty is linking people processes to business outcomes. Prof Bawany’s speaking topics are:
- Transforming the Next Generation of Leaders
- Leading and Engaging a Multigenerational Workforce