We at Speakers Connect are proud to present Roger Bootle, one of London’s best-known economists.
Aside from being an in-demand keynote speaker on business and finance, Roger is also a frequent guest for television and radio. Roger is also a prolific writer; he is a columnist for The Daily Telegraph and the author of acclaimed books such as “Making a Success of Brexit and Reforming the EU”, “The Trouble with Markets” and “Money for Nothing” and “The Death of Inflation”.
Watch the video below for a glimpse of Roger’s insights:
One of the City of London’s best-known economists, Roger Bootle is chairman of Capital Economics, one of the world’s largest independent macroeconomics consultancies, which he founded in 1999. Roger is also a Specialist Adviser to the House of Commons Treasury Committee, an Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries and a Fellow of the Society of Business Economists. He was formerly Group Chief Economist of HSBC and, under the previous Conservative government, he was appointed one of the Chancellor’s panel of Independent Economic Advisers, the so-called “Wise Men”. He was a Visiting Professor at Manchester Business School from 1995-2003 and between 1999 and 2011 served as Economic Adviser to Deloitte. In 2012, Roger and a team from Capital Economics won the Wolfson Prize, the second biggest prize in Economics after the Nobel.
Roger Bootle studied at Oxford University and then became a Lecturer in Economics at St Anne’s College, Oxford. Most of his subsequent career has been spent in the City of London.
Roger has written many articles and several books on monetary economics. His latest book, Making a Success of Brexit and Reforming the EU, is the 4th edition of The Trouble with Europe. This book follows The Trouble with Markets and Money for Nothing, which were widely acclaimed. His earlier book, The Death of Inflation, published in 1996, became a best-seller and was subsequently translated into nine languages. Initially dismissed as extreme, The Death of Inflation is now widely recognised as prophetic. Roger is also joint author of the book Theory of Money, and author of Index-Linked Gilts.
Roger appears frequently on television and radio and is also a regular columnist for The Daily Telegraph. In The Comment Awards 2012 he was named Economics Commentator of the year.
Roger‘s speaking topics are:
The world economy
- Is China going to slow appreciably?
- Will India ever become the global number one?
- Is the world over the Great Financial Crisis?
- Is low growth now the new normal?
- Will inflation ever return?
The outlook for financial markets
- When, and by how much, will interest rates rise?
- The outlook for bonds and equities.
- The outlook for property, residential and commercial.
Brexit and its consequences
- Will the UK be able to secure a trade deal with the EU?
- How will the UK manage outside the EU?
- Could the UK be “Singapore on steroids”?
The outlook for Europe and the EU
- Can the EU successfully manage further integration?
- Could it successfully operate with different tiers of membership?
- Can the euro-zone survive?
- Will the EU survive?
- What could take its place?
Contact us to have Roger Bootle speak at your next finance event.