Strategy Implementation expert Robin Speculand publishes his latest book “World’s Best Bank: A Strategic Guide to Digital Transformation”
World’s Best Bank shares the secrets of success in digital transformation as well as hard-won insights and proven practices you can adopt in your implementation.
It has been an adventure capturing the amazing story of DBS Bank in Singapore transforming from a traditional to a digitally driven organization.
Over the last 11 years, DBS Bank transformed under the stewardship of Piyush Gupta. This story tells how the bank adopted “Making Banking Joyful” as a strategy to dramatically improve the quality of banking for its customers.
In this book Robin Speculand provides you a strategic guidance on how an organization can digitally transform–something that succeeds only one out of five times. With two years of exclusive access to DBS personnel, I interviewed, researched and wrote about how the bank became the world’s best in its industry. At the same time, it revolutionized the way banking is conducted.
One of the reasons digital transformations fail is because leaders don’t understand fully what is involved and which of the new technologies to adopt.
In World’s Best Bank, I provide the whole implementation story so that you can see how the different components of the transformation come together. The book is centered around the three strategic principles that DBS adopted:
- Re-architecture technology
- Becoming customer obsessed
- Creating a start-up culture
Specifically, you will learn about:
– A CEO on an inspirational journey to improve the world
– A chief marketing officer who talks like a Hollywood film producer
– A CFO who talks like a data analyst
– A chief data analyst who talks like a chief strategy officer
– A consumer head who leveraged the bank’s technology to improve school children’s diets
– An audit team that adopted agile and has departments asking auditors to audit them!
– A treasury team who used AI to redefine an industry
– An HR team that adopted machine learning to retain up to 90% of employees who might have otherwise left.
– A leadership team that changed the way the whole organization was managed
Robin Speculand is the founder and Chief Executive of Bridges Business Consultancy Int, a pioneer and global specialist in strategy implementation.
Robin’s pioneering work has been featured globally on BBC Global, CNBC and Financial Times among others. He is a reknowned expert and sought after speaker at key strategy and international business forums.
Robin founded Bridges at the turn of the millennium as a response to his frustration of watching implementations repeatedly fail. Since Bridges first assisted Singapore Airlines in 2000, it has helped governments, multinational organizations and local indigenous businesses across five continents successfully execute their business strategies. He refined his strategy implementation techniques in client organizations and at Citigroup in his role as Regional Vice President, Corporate Bank, Asia Pacific.
His work has led to the development of several proprietary tools that support his mantra, of ensuring organizations successfully implement strategy. One of these tools includes the Implementation Compass, a framework that identifies actions in eight critical areas for excellence in execution.
He is also a founding member of the Asia Speakers Association and outside of work, a die-hard ironman/triathlon athlete.
Robin‘s speaking topics are:
- Nine Uncommon Practices for the New Business Landscape
- Digital Execution: Enterprise + Intelligence + Implementation
- Excellence in Execution
- Strategy Implementation Challenge