We at Speakers Connect are proud to present smart city expert, Scott Amyx.
Scott has shared his vast knowledge on technology, smart and sustainable cities through his books and interviews on New York Times, TIME, Forbes, TechCrunch, TEDx, CIO, Washington Post, WIRED, Forrester, G20, European Commission, United Nations, ITU, Pew Research Center, Environmental Defense Fund, to name a few.
Scott believes that anyone striving to succeed, regardless of who or where we are, what we do or have done for a living, or how young or old we are, that the secret to outstanding achievement is not talent but pursuing personal change that’s uncomfortable.
Watch the video below to learn more about Scott Amyx:
Scott Amyx is an internationally recognized thought leader, venture capitalist, speaker, and author on smart, sustainable cities, exponential technologies, and the Fourth Industrial Revolution. He has appeared or spoken on TV, New York Times, TIME, Forbes, TechCrunch, TEDx, CIO, Washington Post, WIRED, Forrester, G20, European Commission, United Nations, ITU, Pew Research Center, Environmental Defense Fund, and other major media and events.
Scott has been received several accolades such as:
- voted the Most Influential Leader in Smart Cities and awarded the 50 Most Impactful Smart Cities Leaders by Inc. Magazine, Internet of Things Institute, HP Enterprise, World CSR Congress, and numerous institutions
- Cloud & DevOps Award for Most Innovative
- nominated to the World Economic Forum as a committee member for the Future of the Internet
- nominated by the Republic of Korea to represent cutting-edge research and case studies on smart cities and the Internet of Things at the ITU Telecom World, United Nations
Scott is enabling the realization of a global network of smart, sustainable cities through his partnerships with the United Nations, United Smart Cities, United for Smart Sustainable Cities, Smart Cities Council, and ASEAN Smart Cities Network, family offices, and institutional investors.
He is an IBM IoT Futurist, Tribeca Disruptor Foundation Fellow, Singularity University/ Smart City Accelerator Mentor, and National Sloan Fellow/ Woodrow Wilson Fellow.
Scott is the author of Strive: How Doing the Things Most Uncomfortable Leads to Success, which draws from his own powerful story of an impoverished immigrant frequently told that he would amount to nothing. His first book has been endorsed by Tony Robbins, Forbes, Singularity University, Tribeca Film Festival, and other global influencers. His second book The Human Race: How Humans Can Survive in the Robotic Age is scheduled to come out in early 2019.
Scott has over 20 years of large-scale strategy and implementation experience, managing double digit million dollar projects across multiple verticals. In his last corporate position as VP of Product Management, Scott helped the company be acquired by a Fortune 500 publicly traded company. Scott has also started numerous startups and successfully sold a company.
Scott has a master’s degree in applied microeconomics/ public policy from the University of Chicago. Scott was a national Sloan Fellow at Carnegie Mellon University.
Scott‘s speaking topics are:
- Smart, Sustainable Cities & Industries
- Strive: How Doing the Things Most Uncomfortable Leads to Success
- The Human Currency: How Humans Can Survive in the Robotic Age
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Deep Learning
- Machine Learning Ethics
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, Initial Coin Offering
- Internet of Things, Industrial Internet of Things
- Data Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Prescriptive Analytics, Cognitive Intelligence
- Robotics, Drones
- Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Robotic Process Automation
- Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality/ Mixed Reality
- Connected Homes
- Human Computer Interface, Natural Language Processing/ Speech-Based, Gesture-Based Interface, Brain Computer Interface
- Cloud Computing
- Quantum Computing
- Cybersecurity, AI Cybersecurity, Quantum Cybersecurity, Quantum Key Distribution
- Nanotechnology, Graphene
- Renewable Energy, Wireless Power Transfer, Next-Gen Batteries
- Nuclear Fusion
- Decentralized Networks & Computing, Wireless Sensor Networks, Peer-to-Peer
- Cyborgs, Transhumanism, Mind-uploading, Immortality, Singularity
- Intergalactic Space Travel
Contact us if you would like Scott Amyx to speak at your next event.