Based in Singapore, National Geographic TV Adventurer Rob Lilwall is a sought-after keynote speaker around the world. He has cycled and walked over 80,000 km of the world’s land surface – from the frozen plains of Siberia, to the thick jungles of Papua New Guinea, to the lonely passes of Afghanistan. In his speeches, Rob transports his audiences into the world of adventure, while drawing powerful parallels with the challenges of the business world, and providing practical strategies to overcome them. He has spoken to tens of thousands of people in over 50 cities, and in 2020-22 Rob has presented to numerous clients from across the globe virtually, with practical takeaways for the uncertain times of the pandemic and post-pandemic eras. Clients include HSBC, Gartner, DBS, IMD, Swiss Re, Microsoft, Walmart, P&G, Bupa and EY.
Cycling Home From Siberia
Keynote and Masterclass Topics
- Set Clear Goals: Whether it’s completing a wild expedition or finishing a work assignment, being clear on our long, medium, and short term objectives greatly increases our chances of achieving them.
- Build Resilience: Resilience means the ability to bounce back and keep going after a tough day, instead of burning out or giving up. This relates to both our attitude and our practice of self-care.
- Ask for Help: We all know we should give more, but it is vital also to receive, whether it is through collaborating with colleagues, seeking out good mentors, or asking advice from the boss.
- Redefine Challenge: Positive psychology research shows that a key component of success is the ability to see stress as a challenge, not a threat. The perspective we choose makes all the difference.
- Take Good Risks: If we run from fears, we will be running all our lives. But if we face them, we can overcome them. Calculated risk-taking means doing smart research, and then being bold to act.
- Do the Small Things: Successful people make a habit of doing things that unsuccessful people make a habit of not doing. A key aspect of self-leadership is forming great habits of doing even the small things.
- Embrace Change: “The only constant in life is change”, said Heraclitus. In our world of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity, it is vital to embrace change as an opportunity for growth.
- Find a Way: Sometimes life, like an expedition, feels like a non-stop river of problems to solve. But if we apply ourselves, and all the attitudes of adventure, we will find a way forward.
In person events
Rob Lilwall’s journey is amazing. His story is a great way for organizations to deliver a unique way of thinking, focusing on the growth mindset, the importance of clear goals, self-focus, reflection, perseverance, connections, risk-taking and problem solving.
~ Microsoft (Japan & Canada)
This September Rob gave a very inspiring keynote at our Asia Pacific company meeting in Hangzhou. Rob aligned his content wonderfully to our business transformation journey and received excellent feedback from the audience. The preparation and communication was very professional & personal throughout. The speech was engaging, inspiring, interactive and included opportunities for self-reflection/derive actions by the audience. I would gladly invite Rob to speak again and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking to motivate his/her organisation to embrace change.
~ Covestro (China)
We recently had Rob speak at our Global Sales Conference. Rob gave a great keynote that spoke to an international audience and tied into our goals and vision as a company. The process leading up to the event was excellent and the communication really helped Rob tailor the talk to our audience. The stories he shared and engagement he created with the audience were awesome! We hope to have Rob back with us again soon.
~ Aviagen (North America)
Rob’s stories and personal experiences were totally brought home with one of the most engaging speeches delivered! Glad to have met and worked with him. Definitely many valuable takeaways from the session!
~ DBS (Singapore)
Rob ran a virtual workshop for my global team of c. 50 people. Current times have placed quite an emotional toll on my colleagues, and Rob’s storytelling around how he stayed resilience during trying times resonated well with us. I’ve gotten very positive feedback about Rob’s session from my team and can recommend him to any audience.
~ Swiss Re (Head of Strategy and Business Development)
Rob was terrific as the opening speaker of our APAC conference. An engaging, enjoyable and fantastically inspirational start to the day. I see a lot of speakers and his session was world-class and wonderful. Highly recommended.
~ The Marketing Society (CEO)
Rob Lilwall is an energetic and inspirational speaker, that uses his own stretching, personal experience to spur his audience on. In the new normal where in person sessions have been restricted, Rob has quickly shifted into a virtual format of presentation that still allows you to connect with him. Rob has run sessions with our Property team and through these session I have personally made connections with some members of our team that I would not ordinarily meet. The sessions have been so valuable both on a personal and team building front. Looking forward to further engagements.
~ Standard Chartered
Rob is a fantastic motivator – he is able to translate his journeys into the corporate world, demonstrating how to have not only a goal, but a strategy to achieve it. Obstacles are related to lateral thinking, and how extra opportunities can arise from them. Listening skills and adapting to your environment are highlighted. Most importantly, Rob’s enthusiasm is infectious. I have had the pleasure to attend two of his presentations, and in both instances, I have never seen a workplace more energised and motivated post his session. I would highly recommend Rob for your next corporate event.
We engaged Rob for our virtual regional sakes kick off event earlier this year. Rob took the time to understand our company vision and strategy, and tailored his presentation to meet our needs, linking core messages to the key themes for our event. Rob is an energetic and engaging speaker, leveraging the zoom platform to maximum effect. His presentation and themes landed well with a diverse audience. His humility, resilience and growth mindset shone through, and combined well with a wonderful sense of humour. His follow up materials have helped to re-enforce key messages that we will carry forward on our journey through 2021. Thank you, Rob!