We at Speakers Connect are excited to share that Wayne Chan, Singapore-based emcee and former Channel NewsAsia presenter is available to host your next conference.
If you are looking for a strong English speaking emcee who can bring the right amount of gravitas to your event, then your search ends here. Watch the video below to learn more about Wayne’s work and why he has been tagged as Asia’s most versatile emcee:
You might have seen him on TV. Or heard him on the radio. Wayne Chan is a former Channel NewsAsia (CNA) and 93.8 Live presenter. He’s reported on 3 elections and has won numerous awards at MediaCorp.
Whether it’s a fun or formal event, his broadcast quality voice and versatile hosting skills will make your next show extra special.
That’s why since 2005, a long list of clients from Asia and beyond choose Wayne for their most important shows, including top Fortune 500 MNCs such as Canon, Hewlett Packard, VMWare, Ford, Prudential, L’oreal, Huawei, Samsung, Mizuho Bank, Cisco Systems, Epson, Continental AG, and many more.
Wayne is also trusted by Ministries and government bodies to helm their major events with the likes of Workforce Singapore, Enterprise Singapore, National Environment Agency (NEA), People’s Association (PA), Mindef, MOE, STB, PUB and JTC tapping on the 2012 Asian Environmental Journalist of the Year Finalist to give milestone occasions added meaning and gravitas.
He’s also hosted for Asia’s Got Talent Season 2 (broadcast globally on AXN) and was featured as an events industry panelist on How Do I Look Asia Season 2 (broadcast globally on the DIVA Channel).
Simply put, if you have an international or high brow audience where you can’t afford to get even one name or title wrong, but yet want energy, eloquence and engagement – Wayne is your best bet.
Wayne is also well-versed in PR & Marketing with extensive public and private sector experience in branding, media management, marketing communications, events management, public relations, advertising and social media. This makes him an especially ideal choice for your corporate shows where a keen intellect is needed to deliver dynamic content in an engaging manner to high-level audiences.
His media and communications career includes various public relations, marketing, editorial and business development appointments at MediaCorp, Ogilvy PR, Parkway Health, DBS Bank, National Environment Agency, Land Transport Authority and the Building & Construction Authority.
The below are some of the awards he has amassed over his years of work and study:
- One of six finalists from the region for the CDL Environmental Journalist of the Year at the inaugural Asian Environmental Journalism Awards 2012
- Won a Bravo Award as part of the MediaCorp team providing news coverage during the 2011 General Election
- Received a MediaCorp Radio News Award for Best Live News Coverage as one of four reporters doing live radio reports on polling night during the 2011 Presidential Election
- Winner of MediaCorp Newshub Story of the Month Award for investigative journalistic skills
Achieved the National Development Minister’s Team Award 2010 for contributions to the first Singapore Green Building Week
- Managed and drove NEA’s Singapore Advertising Hall of Fame nominated Press & Poster Ad Campaign for Smoke Free entertainment outlets
- Writer of the most viral article of the week at Mothership.sg
- Top in Speech Communication (Ngee Ann Polytechnic)