We at Speakers Connect are proud to present Channel NewAsia correspondent Wei Du.
Wei Du graduated from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and has an impressive career in broadcasting. She has previously worked with Bloomberg TV in Hong Kong, CNBC global headquarters in the US and more.
Wei Du is a renowned presenter foreign correspondent at Channel NewsAsia. Based in Hong Kong, she reports on major news events and presents features across Northeast and Central Asia. She previously anchored the channel’s flagship news bulletin, Asia Connect, and hosted the highly rated reality show Invest in Me.
Before joining Channel NewsAsia, Wei Du worked as a reporter for Bloomberg TV in Hong Kong. Her career in broadcasting started after graduating from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, where she joined CNBC at its global headquarters in the U.S. Wei Du is a native of the Chinese city of Chongqing.
Examples of conferences Wei has recently hosted / moderated:
- MC (English), 11th Global Residence and Citizenship Conference, HK, Nov 2017 (international migration, wealth management)
- Moderator (English), JLT Marine Insurance Conference, HK, Nov 2017 (marine, insurance)
- Moderator (English), What makes a CEO/Cyber Security, RISE Conference, HK, July 2017 (tech, entrepreneurship)
- MC (English/Chinese), Singapore Iron Ore Forum 2017, Singapore, April 2017 (Commodities, China)
- MC/Moderator (English), Henderson Global Investors Conference, HK, Dec 2016 (investment, economics)
- MC/ Moderator, RMB Internationalization Forum 2015, Singapore, Nov 2015 (Finance, Banking, China)
- MC (English/Chinese), Singapore Iron Ore Forum 2015, Singapore, May 2015 (Commodities, China)
- Moderator, Innovfest Unbound: The Rise of Asian Giants, Singapore, April 2015 (Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship)
- Moderator (Chinese/English), A Conversation with Larry Summers: Can China Usher in Another Golden Decade, Beijing, December 2014 (China, Economics)
- MC (Chinese/English), NetEase Annual Economist Conference, Beijing, December 2014 (China, Economics)
- Moderator, RMB Internationalization Forum 2014, Singapore, September 2014 (Finance, Banking, China)