Cesar Harada, in his recent TEDx talk, shared with his audience one of his most memorable life experiences that exposed our primal human instinct and how we should prioritize our lives to create a more sustainable circle of life, without compromising those elements that do not really define our quality of life and shape our ecosystem.
Cesar Harada is a French-Japanese environmentalist, inventor and entrepreneur based in Hong Kong. CEO of Protei INC and Scoutbots, Cesar has dedicated his life to explore and protect the ocean with open technologies. Protei is a shape-shifting sailing robot, a wind-powered maritime drone that is remotely controlled or automated that will collect ocean data or transport clean-up equipment.
Cesar is a former MIT project leader, TED Senior Fellow, GOOD 100, IBM Figure of Progress, Unreasonable at Sea Fellow, Shuttleworth foundation and Ocean Exchange grantee. He won the Ars Electronica Golden Nica [NEXT IDEA] with his Master graduation project from the Royal College of Arts, London. Cesar has worked as MIT Boston USA Project Leader, as well as the Construction Manager of the *1Hub_in Nairobi, Kenya. He has been teaching Masters at the Goldsmiths University of London, Versailles architecture School in France and lectured around the world. Cesar believes that nature, human and technology can coexist in harmony.
Cesar‘s speaking topics include:
- The Future of Education: Maker and STEM Education
- Ocean Robotics: Shape-Shifting Sailing robots to study the ocean
- Ocean Pollution: Sensor Network, open data
- Citizen Science: how citizen can contribute to science and improve technology and the environment
- Open Hardware for the Environment: how open technology and science can rapidly improve the world
- 4th industrial Revolution, perspective from Hong Kong and Shenzhen the world new largest megalopolis
Contact us if you would like to engage Cesar Harada to speak at your next event.