Cesar Jung-Harada launched The Ocean Imagineer, a large floating oyster hatchery solar hydrogen production plant pilot project launched in North Point.
The Ocean Imagineer is a biodiversity experiment which attempts to address some important questions:
- Biology & Pollution: which species are the best to clean the water of North Point?
- Renewable Energy: How much solar and hydrogen power can we produce offshore in Hong Kong?
- Community: How can such infrastructure benefit the local community most?
- Blockchain: How can we enable the indigenous/local/traditional oyster farmers to create other sources of income (oyster, solar electricity, hydrogen, carbon sequestration).
Watch the video below as Cesar Jung-Harada discusses The Ocean Imagineer with Dr. Merrin Pearse:
Learn more about the Ocean Imagineer here.
Cesar Jung-Harada is an French-Japanese Inventor, Environmentalist and Entrepreneur.He is Founder and Director of MakerBay and Scoutbots.. MakerBay is the Hong Kong MakerSpace for Social & Environmental Impact. Cesar is developing Protei – a revolutionary shape shifting sailing robot.
Cesar is a Former MIT project leader, TED Senior Fellow, GOOD 100, IBM Figure of Progress, Unreasonable at Sea Fellow, Shuttleworth foundation and Ocean Exchange grantee. Cesar won the Ars Electronica Golden Nica [NEXT IDEA] with his Master graduation project from the Royal College of Arts, London. Cesar has been teaching Masters at the Goldsmiths University of London, Versailles architecture School in France and lectured around the world. Cesar believes that nature, human and technology can coexist in harmony.
His keynotes are:
- The Future of Education: Maker and STEM Education
- Ocean Robotics: Shape-Shifting Sailing robots to study the ocean
- Ocean Pollution: Sensor Network, open data
- Citizen Science: how citizen can contribute to science and improve technology and the environment
- Open Hardware for the Environment: how open technology and science can rapidly improve the world
- 4th industrial Revolution, perspective from Hong Kong and Shenzhen the world new largest megalopolis
- Innovation and Creativity
Contact us if you would like Cesar Jung-Harada to speak at your next event.