Vijay Vaitheeswaran will be travelling to Asia early next month. Contact us to engage him for your January 2018 event!
Vijay is an award-winning senior correspondent for the Economist, an author and renowned speaker on the topics of business and finance, science, technology and innovation.
Vijay V. Vaitheeswaran is an award-winning senior correspondent for the Economist.
He joined the editorial staff in 1992 as its London-based Latin America correspondent, and opened the magazine’s first regional bureau in Mexico City. From 1998 to 2006, he covered the politics, economics, business and technology of energy and the environment. From 2007 to 2011 his portfolio encompassed innovation, global health, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
He is currently the magazine’s China Business & Finance Editor. His editorial responsibilities range from business and finance to science, technology and innovation.
He new book on the future of global innovation, published by Harper Collins, is “Need, Speed and Greed: How the New Rules of Innovation Can Transform Businesses, Propel Nations to Greatness, and Tame the World’s Most Wicked Problems”. Kirkus Reviews has called it “the perfect primer for the postindustrial age.” In reviewing the new book, the Financial Times declared that “Vaitheeswaran is a writer to whom it is worth paying attention.”
His other books were garnered praises:
- “ZOOM: The Global Race to Fuel the Car of the Future” co-authored with Iain Carson was named a Book of the Year by The Financial Times
- “Power to the People” was reviewed by Nobel-prize winner John Holdren (currently the Chief Science Advisor to the White House) in Scientific American as “by far the most helpful, entertaining, up-to-date and accessible treatment of the energy-economy-environment problematique available.”
Additionally, his commentaries have appeared on NPR and the BBC, in the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times and the New York Times. He has had the honor of addressing groups ranging from the US National Governors’ Association and the UN General Assembly to the Technology, Entertainment & Design (TED), Aspen Ideas Festival and AAAS conferences.
Vijay also holds other important roles such as:
- life member at the Council on Foreign Relations
- advisor on sustainability and innovation to the World Economic Forum
- regular speaker at the Clinton Global Initiative
- professor at NYU’s Stern Business School
- chairman of the Economist‘s provocative series of conferences on innovation known as the Ideas Economy.
Vijay is an engineering graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he was named a Harry S. Truman Presidential Scholar by the U.S. Congress.
Contact us to engage Vijay Vaitheeswaran to speak at your upcoming conference.